NLCC Service Group is a St. John’s based “comprehensive service” company providing assistance to clients wishing to quickly adapt to life in Newfoundland and Labrador.
NLCC delivers a one-stop, all-round, personalized professional service for Newfoundland and Labrador, we provide expertise and knowledge on Student Services，Resident Services, Business Services, Property Management, Tourism and Community Services, with our support and resources we aim to help you develop into a community contributor for Canadian society.
Meet Our Management Team
Meet Our Senior Consulting Team
Properties for Rent
NLCC provides a complete range of property management services, Our team consists of five staff including maintenance and cleaning staff. We focus on high end MUN and CNA area properties.
NLCC Service Group Logo:
Chinese Association of Newfoundland and Labrador, the Chinese Association of Newfoundland and Labrador established in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador in 1976. Our early Chinese settlers of the late 1890s chose this most easterly province in Canada as their new home and it was a remarkable province of opportunity. Today, the Chinese continues to grow and prosper and resides in harmony as one of the many peoples of the province. We continue to promote our Chinese cultures and traditions throughout our multicultural communities. We extend our friendships to you. Do join us and share in our ongoing activities and events.
The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage children of Chinese decent to further their studies in a local post-secondary education institution in this province.
The scholarship will be awarded annually to a student entering a full time program at one of the local post secondary educational institutions. The scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic performance. The amount of the award, currently valued at $500 per annum in interest on the capital, will be subject to a review based on the annual rate of return to the trust fund. The presentation of the award will be made annually to the successful candidate at the Chinese New Year celebrations.
Guidelines for the Granting of Chinese Scholarships
1. The Chinese Association offers one entrance Scholarship of $500 annually to students entering a full time program at one of the Provincial Public Post-Secondary Education Institutions. The amount of the award will be subject to an annual review based on the availability of funds.
2. This scholarship will be administered under the Scholarship Committee established by the Chinese Association.
3. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic performance. Applicants will be required to have obtained an over all average of no less than 75% in eight 3000 level courses in high schools. The award will be given to the candidate with the highest average.
4. Eligible candidates must be family members of the Association in good standing in the last two years. Candidates must be of Chinese descent, and either a Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant. There will be no age limits on eligible candidates.
5. Candidates shall submit the application to the Chinese Association of Newfoundland and Labrador. Applications must be received by the end of December each year.
6. Presentation of the award will be made to the successful candidate at the annual Chinese New Year Celebration.
Dear Members and Friends,
Greetings! And to those of you who have been travelling, welcome back!
The weather in St. John’s has been finicky as we still eagerly await the arrival of Spring! It has been an active couple of months. On April 13th, CANL held an Easter Family Day at the North Bank Lodge of Pippy Park. We were blessed with a nice afternoon where children were able to go to the play park for the Easter Egg Hunt and took photos with the Easter Bunny. There were also egg painting activities and other games.
A Mother’s Day fun day also took place on May 12 at Whee Indoor Playground. It was a joint event co-sponsored by the MUN Youth Association and CANL to celebrate Mother’s Day, with supervised fun activities for the children, a makeup/skincare session for the mothers, and a pot luck lunch prepared by the dads! Both events were well attended. Many thanks to the volunteers who worked hard in making these events happen, also Whee Indoor Playground for providing the venue and lower admission for the kids.
Some parents have indicated that these events helped bring a sense of family to the community, and the CANL executives would like to continue to offer more opportunities for such family get togethers.
The senior luncheon will take place on June 2nd. Once again, our sincere thanks to Hong Kong restaurant for their hospitality and generosity in inviting the seniors in the association for an afternoon of great food and fun. Please see CANL home page for the details of this special event. The Flower service and BBQ will take place on August 11th. It is a special time to pay our respects to our predecessors, and to connect with each other, esp. with those from out of town. Please invite family and friends to join us.
All the Best，
Simon Tam, President
Give us a call
- +1(709) 219-8866